Saturday, February 20, 2010

No Such Thing as Too Much

It's funny. We'll go weeks without having any cream in the refrigerator and not noticing its absence. And then the MiL brings home a quart of heavy cream (that's right, I said a quart--no point in doing anything halfway) and all of the sudden it's in everything.

So far: two large batches of the Nourishment; a batch of James Beard's recipe for Cream Biscuits (using a cup of heavy cream in place of butter--YUM); hot cocoa with whipped cream; and lots and lots of black tea with sugar and cream.

I might just start drinking it straight from the carton next, to save on all this inconvenient cooking.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Be prepared for Cubby to put on some weight fast; he'll be drinking cream!

Anonymous said...

Har , har, har . You CAN'T tell us you haven't ALREADY had it straight from the carton. Creammmmmm.

word verification - caterie

party food place for felines

Daisy said...

You can call it calcium and/or supplemental baby nutrition. We'll all believe you. :)

Susan said...

Just getting caught up with all the excitement. Congratulations! He's a thing of beauty (as is a quart of heavy cream).

Have heaps and heaps of fun. I'm quite sure you will.

Mayberry Magpie said...

I went through a phase in college where I started putting heavy cream on my breakfast cereal. Decadent. And highly fat-inducing.

I've given it up in my quest to lose 20 lbs, but I still think it's God's nectar. It makes anything better.

FinnyKnits said...

I will admit to drinking heavy cream from the container straight from the fridge.

My shame is significant, but that does not stop me. If it's in the house, all bets are off.